CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

6.0

2003 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2003 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 082012

Explorer LXT 4.0L V6

When I have my A/C running at the dash and then lay on gas to accelerate the air switches to the dash. When I let off my gas it returns to the dash.

I just bought my car from a trusted mechanic and I have had nothing but problems in the 2 months I got it. The torque converter went out after I asked about it, I was told it was checked out. I had a Trailblazer that did the same thing. I was stranded w/my daughter on a busy hywy when it went out. When I shift from P to D, it shifts hard. AND my heater clicks when I turn the control to hot. Needless to say I am going to think twice before buying a Ford and do more research next time I buy any vehicle.

- , Aiken, SC, USA