CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

7.8

2. broken blend door motor needs replacement (7 reports)
  3. replace the blend door actuator (6 reports)
  4. smash it into a tree (1 reports)
2003 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2003 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 152007

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

Everytime I turn the rear AC or heater on I hear a loud clicking noise coming from the rear blower. I assume that it will be a matter of time until it will go out completely. With all the different problems that I've been running into with the Explorer, I'm planning on driving it until it falls apart, and then buy a different brand (after owning a Ranger, two Mustangs, an F-150 Super Crew, and this Explorer, one might think that I'm a Die-Hard Ford guy. Well, I was until I bought this Explorer).

- , Lawton, OK, USA

Sep 252008

Explorer XLS 4.0L V6

Well this is one of about 5 or 6 problems I had with the truck with in the first thirty days of purchase. The others were vibration when turning left or right, the rear end is making a loud clicking noise, the power steering is leaking, the back hatch is leaking when it rains, the back trim peace cracked, the abs light came on 33 days after I bought it. Yeah so biggest piece ive ever bought and i have owned a lot of vehicles. this one lines up with the peice of crap 01 grand am i bought before it. I took that one back in 30 days and they gave me full refund, I think im going todo the same with this.

- , Elkhart, IN, USA

May 312007

Explorer V6

When turning on the blower for heat or air the blower makes an awful clicking noise.

- , Muskegon, MI, USA