CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

2.8

2003 Ford Explorer engine problems

2003 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Feb 242007

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving down the road & started slowing down as I came into town. I was coasting along and my car stalled out. I didn't even realize it had cut out, I still had steering & brakes but I had to restart my vehicle. I took it back to the dealer (I had just bought it 6 days prior) and asked them to look at it. They worked with the local Ford dealership and came back with "nothing is wrong with it". they said there wasn't even a record of the incident taking place.

- Tilghman, MD, USA