CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

8.0

2003 Ford Explorer steering problems

2003 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

May 122010

Explorer V6

Power steering fluid leaked an ocean of blood red fluid all over my garage floor. Dealership supposedly fixed it and after that it dripped again - several times. I brought it to a local repair shop and they said that the rack and pinon steering was in trouble and that I would have a big repair coming up soon.

- , Irvine, CA, USA

Oct 012008

Explorer XLT V6

We kept leaking p/s fluid so we took it in and were told our rack was leaking - $750! This was the same time we got the estimate for the ring and pinion rear axle grinding problem. This car is just falling apart. Did I mention that two of the windows don't work. The motors need replaced. This will be the last Ford I buy - what a piece of crap.

- , Austin, TX, USA