4.0

2. replaced sensor (1 reports)
2004 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

2004 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 012009

Explorer XLT V6

ABS light comes on...goes off. Dealer said bring it in and bring lots of money.

- , Warner Robins, GA, USA

Oct 252007

Explorer XLT Sport 4.0L

One year left to go on payments and now the fun begins I guess...my ABS light has decided to show it's annoying self at odd times and then not come back on for days. I can start the car in the morning and it will stay on and then start it again in the afternoon and it won't come on...makes no sense! I have yet to take it to the dealership considering I no longer have a warranty on the thing but keep wondering if I'm gonna have a problem if I have to stop fast. After reading the comments on here and even though I really like my Explorer, I may take the hubby's advice and get a Chevy Tahoe for my next vehicle! Guess that means...bye, bye ABS light...LOL

- , St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Dec 082006

Explorer LX V6

The ABS idiot light woud come on and off at various times. On a cold start up it would stay off. Over a period of a month the light would come on frequently and a a restart would not shut it down.

After a gas gage problem previously I began to think the dash board had a problem. Ford dealer said no problem, just pay for a new sensor. A few thousand miles later the gas gauge failed for the 2nd time with the same Ford BS, Just Pay the problem will go away.

The "Just pay" and the problem will go away worked... the customer has left Ford forever.

- , Westerville, OH, USA