2004 Ford Explorer body / paint problems

2004 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 7 of 10)

Apr 242008

Explorer

2004 Ford Explorer cracked rear panel.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Mar 012010

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

I am so angry., I own a 2003 and a 2004 Explorer. The 2004 has a crack that suddenly appeared in the rear panel. Ford knows this is and has been a problem with a defect in their product and talk condescendingly to their customers on the phone if you try to discuss it with them. They are not capable of doing anything but reading a response from a card, they are unable to have any type of conversation other than reading their canned response. This is the last time that I will buy a Ford.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Dec 282009

Explorer

Rear glass on Explorer became disconnected from brackets. This matches prior complaint number RQ08003.

- Walcott, IA, USA

Aug 172008

Explorer

My complaint isn't safety related but I have saw this on so very may Ford Explorer. The rear plastic below the rear hatch window cracks on either side of the Ford emblem. I thought maybe it was just mine.. but I have seen this on so many of Ford Explorer. To me this is a defect and from what I read Ford says its not a recall issue. But to me it is, its a defect that all though it is not safety related is still a defect none the less..

- Edgewater, FL, USA

Jul 042009

Explorer

2004 Ford Explorer cracked rear panel.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Feb 112010

Explorer

Went to load something in the back of my Explorer and noticed a black line running down between the window and tailgate and could not believe it was cracked, ,did nothing to cause it to crack. I got online and found that many other owners have had the exact same thing to happen. I suppose it will be treated like the transmission issues that I and many many other owners have had also, just ignored but never recalled although case after case after case have been reported.

- Cave City, KY, USA

Jan 282010

Explorer

Crack in rear panel on lift gate below window at the Ford emblem.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Dec 152009

Explorer

On December 15, I went shopping and when I went to place items in the back of my vehicle, I noticed a crack all the way from the back window to the bottom of the panel. I take very good care of my vehicle. There was no indication that the vehicle had been hit as there were no damages.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 152009

Explorer

Plastic under back glass around Ford logo cracked after a cool morning. (maybe 35 degrees) now the crack stretches open and closed various amounts each day.

- Thomasville, NC, USA

Dec 012009

Explorer

Cracked tailgate frame under the window, from top to bottom.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Jan 182010

Explorer

My 2004 Ford Explorer back hatch has a big crack on the left side of the Ford emblem. This happened overnight with the weather change. I have researched the internet to see thousands od similar stories with the same issue.

- Hickory Creek, TX, USA

Oct 272009

Explorer

The rear panel under the back window of my 2004 Ford Explorer is crack, there were no events leading to this failure, like so many others it just cracked.

- Maynardville, TN, USA

Jan 102010

Explorer

A crack on my 2004 Explorer under the back window. There are 1000's of others on the road also have see all the complaints on the internet. This has to be recalled before the back window falls out.

- Centerville, IA, USA

Jan 032009

Explorer

My back gate to my 2004 Ford Explorer has cracked and I have read where this is a severe problem as my window could fall out. This is a very serious problem and by reading online there are hundreds of thousands of these that have done this. Which means there needs to be a recall.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Aug 142007

Explorer

Months after purchasing this car the rear lift gate panel cracked due poor design.

- Arlington Heights, IL, USA

Dec 232009

Explorer

2004 Ford Explorer XLT V6 rear panel under window on tailgate cracking and falling off also transmission failure at 60,000 miles was outraged by Ford when they stated that after the car leaves the factory its not their problem.

- Depew, NY, USA

Feb 102008

Explorer

A crack formed below the rear glass panel on our 2004 Ford Explorer. The crack formed due to a flaw in the rear door panel. I have noticed the same crack on the same spot on either side of the Ford emblem on nearly 80% of the Ford Explorer's we see on the highway 's in the atlanta area.

- Locust Grove, GA, USA

Aug 182009

Explorer

2004 Explorer/eddie bauer - the plastic trim below the rear widow cracked. As stated in many of the other complaints, the Ford dealer says there is nothing they can do, it's a Ford problem. Current mileage is 76,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 082009

Explorer

Cracks appeared below the rear window of my Ford Explorer. There was no accident.

- Owensboro, KY, USA

Dec 052009

Explorer

2005 Ford Explorer has a crack in the rear hatch. Our friends had the same issue and the rear window eventually shattered while they were driving. This seems to be dangerous but Ford has not issued a recall.

- Easley, SC, USA