5.6

2004 Ford Explorer electrical problems

2004 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 192010

Explorer Eddie Bauer V8

This is yet another intermittent problem that I've taken to the dealer to fix. But of course the warranty is out now so its on my dime to fix.

- , Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Sep 172007

Explorer XLS 2.8L

At the time it happened, I was covered by Ford's Extended warranty service. The service representative replaced the motor in the left rear door and it worked for a while then abut 4 months later the same problem reoccurred and was never fixed again properly

- , Lithia, FL, USA

Jun 182006

Explorer Eddie Bauer V8

All the windows on my Explorer continue to have this problem. So far, it's been intermittent and just annoying. I haven't bothered to pay to repair this, but it adds to my overall disappointment in Ford.

- , San Luis Obispo, CA, USA

May 302008

Explorer NBX

After this past winter my power windows have not worked at all. Front and rear windows are not working. I have tried several things and I found that fiddling with the driver side door they start working. I believe it may be the wiring but who knows how much that will cost. Couple of weeks down the line after it started not working my speaker on the driver side is going in and out... it will work then it won't. Just annoying.

- , Anchorage, Alaska, USA

Feb 162007

Explorer V6

This car is killing me. It is one thing and then another ever since I got it. The rear window has not worked for almost a year. I cannot afford to get it fixed, so I just make due.

- , Graysville, TN, USA