7.5

2004 Ford Explorer electrical problems

2004 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 162009

Explorer V6

Taking to Ford service for repair---concerned they will find a problem not covered under my ESP warranty.

- , Galveston, TX, USA

May 162008

Explorer XLT 4.8L V8

I've had problems with the rear power windows. One wouldn't roll down, i took it in under warranty and they replaced the motor. It wasn't 3 months and the same window wouldn't roll down. I was past my 3 yr warranty, but the dealership replace the window motor because they have a 1 yr warranty on their parts or something. Now, I'll try and roll down my rear windows and every once in a while, they won't roll down.... A few days later i'll try again and they will work. It's messed up and a pain in the ass, but not worth my money to have it fixed.

- , Carrollton, Illinois, USA

Aug 292007

Explorer Edie Bauer V6

Rear driver's side power window stopped working after owning vehicle a little over 3 years.

- , Arlington, VA, USA

Mar 302007

Explorer

My windows stopped working at about 15,000 miles. It was covered under Warranty. Then about a month after the warranty expired the back windows stopped rolling up and down and my side mirrors do not work. Also my driver side front speaker goes in an out.

I grew up on Ford vehicles but after this I don't think I will buy another one!

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA