8.7

1. dealer must re-initialize in order for car to work (3 reports)
2004 Ford Explorer electrical problems

2004 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 242016

Explorer MPV 4.0L V6

Second time this issue has happened.

Ending up in an expensive tow to the not so near ford dealership.

- , Berlin, NH, USA

Dec 062013

Explorer

I have reset my security pass-code three times and this will be my forth time doing so, why can't I just disarm it? I am driving down the road and it cuts off on me almost causing a wreck. I have over four keys to this vehicle because when they reset it they have to give me a new key. I use to love Ford but after tonight I think she will be sold or traded for a Chevy! Ford tough my ass!

Thank god the people behind me were not speeding because they would have rammed my truck pretty good.

- , Clarksville, TN, USA

Jul 142009

Explorer LTD V6

this is something that the DEALER must repair. NO ONE else can put the code in. all i needed was a new battery but had to pay over $300 for that. IT HAS TO BE A DESIGN FLAW!! My car lost the code after i had about 300 miles (only had it 6 weeks!) and dealer had to re-initialize (Ford's word) it then.

- , Memphis, TN, USA