8.0

windows / windshield problem

2004 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 152007

Explorer Limited V8

I'd say at least once each day the hatch window on my 2004 Ford Explorer unlatches itself. If I'm driving with the windows open it opens quite rapidly creating a distraction as I'm speeding along the highway. Once I heard it unlatch itself as I came down the front stoop walking towards the driveway 12 hours after I had parked it there. The keys were alone in the house, so I know it wasn't the remote sending a signal. At other times it opens as I walk away from the car. Yesterday it unlatched itself as I walked away from it in the dealers parking lot where I had just left the keys with the mechanic. It doesn't make any sense. I have as associate who is having the same sort of problem, but it doesn't happen every day. If anyone knows what the problem is I'd sure appreciate your advice. The dealer doesn't have any idea what to do about it.

- , Glen Head, NY, USA