- August 19: Ford Focus EVAP Purge Valve Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 0 days ago
- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 9 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 17 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 18 days ago
2005 Ford Explorer
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
Worst 2005 Explorer AC / heater Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clicking noise & no heat in the front heater vents18
- clicking noise in vents7
- a/c air won't come out through vents properly4
- A/C blower not working properly2
- climate control clicking2
- A/C not working properly in rear zones1
- defrost not working properly1
- loud noise and vibration when blower on high1
- rear air/heat vent clicks continuosly1
- temperature control doesn't work1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.