CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

2005 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Explorer:

2005 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 122011

Explorer

The activheat heated car seat cover model # 6hcscbl24 was recalled because the seat cover could overheat and burn me. On August 12, 2011 I mailed in my request for a new seat cover along with a 3" X 5" section of the front mesh fabric of the seat cover to activheat seat recall, C/O atlas North, po box 873, woodbury, NJ 08096. The recall letter stated that I would receive the new seat cover in 30 days. It has been over 60 days and I have not received the replacement seat cover. I have called 800-541-3722 twice to inquire about the recall. The answering service has taken my name and phone # and said they would call me. I have not received a call. Please help me obtain the new seat cover.

- Dearborn, MI, USA