- July 27: NHTSA Ford Explorer Exhaust Manifold Investigation Upgraded investigations | 1 days ago
- July 26: Austin, Texas: 60 Carbon Monoxide Detectors Activate in Ford Police SUVs news | 2 days ago
- July 26: Ford Recalls 117,000 F-150, E-Series, Escape and Lincoln MKC Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 8 days ago
NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 5 of 6)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
2.0hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 77,748 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
body / paint problem