- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 12 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 16 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 28 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 40 days ago
Fuel Gauge Not Working Properly
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 47,075 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (16 reports)
- fuel electrical system replaced (3 reports)
- replace gas gauge (1 reports)
- replaced fuel pump (1 reports)
fuel system problem