Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

2005 Ford Explorer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Explorer:

2005 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 242011

While stopped at a traffic light I switched on my turn signal to indicate a right turn and noticed the normal click of the turn signal was not occurring. I looked down at my instrument panel and saw the right turn light was lit but not flashing. The rest of the trip I had to continually turn on and turn off the turn signal to let others now my intentions since the signals would no longer flash. Finally I rapidly worked the switch up and down and was able to get the turn signals to operate correctly again. Also on other occasions the signal would click very fast which and the actual signal light would not flash or light but would eventually start working again. I assumed it was a burned-out bulb but when it came back on again I knew that was not the case. I saw a recall recently for the turn signal switch on Ranger pickups and Excursion SUVS in the age range of my vehicle and this seems to be exactly what is happening with my Explorer.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA