6.2

2007 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Explorer:

2007 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 172009

Explorer

I have a problem with my 2007 Ford Explorer ? dual automatic climate control does not work properly: In auto mode (during cooling process) very cold air blows into my face through panel vents and warm air through the vents in footwell. No flow direction change, no recirculation at all. And I hear clicking noise from behind the dash panel. Warm air blows down in every mode (face, face-feet, windshield-feet) that I chose. I learned from internet it's a blend door actuator problem and it's been in place since 1995 for Explorer model. Our local Ford dealer says my ac is ok - no failures shown by scanner device. But I know there is the problem - the scanner shows only the actuator motor move but not the door move. Motor may be ok and the gear may be stripped. They just don't want to fix it. I know it?S a safety problem also because some time the blend door will break completely and my windows will be frozen in winter.

- Nizhny Novgorod, 00, USA