1.9

2008 Ford Explorer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Explorer:

2008 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Feb 162016

Explorer

While I was driving I felt the seat move and noticed that if I would hit the key while it was in the ignition the drivers seat would move back and forth sporadically. Also the dome lights from front to back would go off and on sporadically while the seat moved. The amount of weight on the key ring does not matter it happens whether you have just the key or a whole bunch of keys hanging from it.

- Hemet, CA, USA

Dec 132014

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

Transmision problems going into gears slipping poping noise when put into park Ford is aware of problems with there transmisions and no care to help 1 bet they need the gov to step in now so help us Explorer owners.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 022014

Explorer

I have a 2008 Ford Explorer, called U-haul today to rent a small trailer to tow behind it to move some boxes. U-haul does not rent trailers to tow behind Ford Explorer! I was shocked as I would think that the minimal requirement of any SUV is that you would be able to tow a small U-haul trailer. Checking online I find I am far from the first with this issue. Calling U-haul they site safety concerns. Calling Ford they assure me that their is no issue in using a small trailer behind my Ford Explorer. Per consumer reports, "the real lesson here is if you occasionally need to rent trailers, think twice about the new Ford Explorer. If you favor a Ford, the edge or a flex are excellent choices. But the Explorer, with all the performance, safety, and versatility offered by its modern, unibody design, won?T be welcomed at the local U-haul franchise.? my question? am I at risk towing a trailer behind my Explorer?? or is U-haul creating concerns over nothing"

- Gig Harbor, WA, USA