Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: After a half-decade of major transmission problems, Ford seems to have solved all the major defects with the Explorer.

We are happy to say that both the & the NHTSA data indicate no problems whatsoever with the 2009 Ford Explorer.

2009 Ford Explorer accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Explorer:

2009 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 252009

I have a 2008 Ford Explorer and the rear defroster wire that was attached to the rear glass door fell off. It is only held on the window by a small weld the size of an eraser head. I called my dealership weisleder Ford in point pleasant NJ, said they could not replace it because they said we pulled it off and its not under my extended warranty. I cannot believe that anyone in this country has not had this problem. I was told it will cost over a thousand dollars to fix! I didn"T break it! I called Ford and they said they could not do anything for me. Im am upset that nothing can be done for me from Ford, and I would like you to check into if anyone else has had this problem to see if it is a problem so it can be corrected because when it gets cold im going to need my defroster! my family has bought over 8 vehicle from this dealership and we our loyal Ford customers, also this car did have 20000 miles on it when I bought it, so this problem might have been there already! I would like this fixed and would like to get some feed back from you on this problem. Thank you

- Point Pleasant, NJ, USA