- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 14 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 24 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 30 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 43 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 55 days ago
NHTSA — Equipment Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 25 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
accessories - interior problem