- November 28: Ford Tosses Takata, Toyota Recalls Takata Airbags
- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
2011 Ford Explorer
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rust of hood with paint bubbling10
- rust on rim of hood6
- rust bubbles under paint4
- water inside the car4
- oxidation/peeling paint2
- excessive rust1
- metal above right rear cargo window is denting1
- wind noise around windshield1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body9
- NHTSA: Structure2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.