- October 17: Ford Recalls 2015 Mustang to Fix Seat Belt Buckle Assembly
- October 13: Ford Cracked Tailgate Class-Action Lawsuit Ongoing
- October 6: Ford Recalls Cars, Trucks and SUVs To Fix Fuel System Failures
- October 6: Feds Investigate Power Steering Problems In Ford, Mercury and Lincoln Cars
- September 26: Ford Recalls 850,000 Vehicles For Short Circuit That Disables Air Bags
2011 Ford Explorer
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rust on rim of hood3
- water inside the car3
- rust of hood with paint bubbling2
- excessive rust1
- metal above right rear cargo window is denting1
- rust bubbles under paint1
- wind noise around windshield1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.