- August 18: Ford Recalls 26,400 Ford F-650 and F-750 Trucks
- August 15: Ford Headlights Not Working? Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Investigated
- August 8: Ford F-150 Aluminum-Body Crash Test Results
- August 4: Lincoln MKT Livery SUVs Recalled For Wrong Placard
- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
2011 Ford Explorer
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rust of hood with paint bubbling8
- rust on rim of hood6
- water inside the car4
- rust bubbles under paint3
- excessive rust1
- metal above right rear cargo window is denting1
- oxidation/peeling paint1
- wind noise around windshield1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body9
- NHTSA: Structure2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.