- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 21 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 34 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 43 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rust of hood with paint bubbling12
- rattling noises at highway speeds11
- rust on rim of hood6
- rust bubbles under paint5
- water leaks into interior4
- oxidation/peeling paint2
- excessive rust1
- metal above right rear cargo window is denting1
- wind noise around windshield1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body15
- NHTSA: Structure3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.