Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.

The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.

It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.

2011 Ford Explorer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Explorer:

2011 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 082013

Explorer 6-cyl

As I am outside talking to a neighbor I hear a weird sound, then I see pieces of debris on the ground near the rear of my 2011 Explorer, as I get closer I see pieces of shattered glass just crumbling before my eyes and falling onto the ground. As I look up my rear window liftgate glass is just shattered. I cant believe my eyes because I know nobody or no object hit the glass. This has to be a Ford defect in the glass and has to be recognized by them. However they are denying me the right to be covered under my extended warranty I had purchased. The Explorer barely has 11,000 miles on it. And I am just sickened of Ford for not taken responsibility.

- Washington Twp, MI, USA