- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 3 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 6 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 24 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 27 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 54 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.