- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 19 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 23 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 26 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 35 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 47 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.