- August 19: Ford Focus EVAP Purge Valve Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 5 days ago
- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 14 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 22 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 23 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
1.7hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 95,500 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
exhaust system problem