- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 2 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 7 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 17 days ago
- March 3: Ford Recalls Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Continental recalls | 19 days ago
- February 26: Judge Dismisses Ford Power Steering Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
NHTSA — Steering: Rack And Pinion Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 29,250 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.