- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 5 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 22 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 34,367 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.