- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 5 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 22 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility: Glass, Side/Rear Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
2.9hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 49,982 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
windows / windshield problem