2012 Ford Explorer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Explorer:

2012 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 102013

Explorer 6-cyl

I am experiencing an odor of carbon monoxide inside the car. I live in el salvador central America and have found in the internet that there is a recall for this problem the Agency in my country does not responsabilize on this I have small children and we cant be smelling this exhaust fumens and strange odors inside our car.

- La Libertad, AL, USA

Apr 182014

Explorer 4-cyl

On Friday April 18, 2014 my wife an I prestarted the car to go to dinner, after only 2 minutes the car shut of. Upon review of the issue the low oil pressure light came on, the stability control light came on, as well as he service engine soon light. The mileage at the incident was approx 45,500 but the complaint says 44,000 because this is the second time it has done this, and the first time for the stability control light to illuminate. After dinner we came home and attempted to restart the vehicle, everything seemed normal, it started it drove, but subsequently we had it towed to Ford, so they could address the problem.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Feb 262014

Explorer 4-cyl

On Monday 10march2014, my 2012 Ford Explorer started and immediately stalled out, when I look at the dash it had said it had low oil pressure. The vehicle was towed to cavalier Ford in chesapeake, va where it has been determined that the high pressure fuel line and high pressure fuel pump have to be replaced. During further trouble shooting it was discovered that henderson Ford in bay St. Louis, ms had installed a fuel injector into the engine without properly ensuring the cleanliness of either the injector or the point of insertion. It has been determined by cavalier Ford that henderson Ford improperly installed a replacement part, and allowed me to drive over 1,000 miles with this problematic part in place!

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Jul 092012

Explorer 6-cyl

When car was 3 weeks old, we had an intermittent gas odor when restarting car. Also, when sitting in garage. Dealer could not reproduce problem. Eventually did and replaced the fuel canister. Odor came back within 3 weeks. Now has 40,000 miles and still have same problem. Saw 2 recalls on 2013 Explorer related to fuel odor and thought are 2012 would be included, but Ford says no. Our car was built on 12/15/2011.

- Argenta , IL, USA

Dec 162011

Explorer 6-cyl

While I was pumping gas the gas was leaking from under the car.

- Lancaster, CA, USA