4.0

2013 Ford Explorer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Explorer:

2013 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 092013

Explorer

I started driving and engine started revving up, took foot out of gas pedal an vehicle continued revving up to 3,000 RPM in slow speed. Change transmission to "N" and vehicle continued at 3,000 RPM. Changed back to "D" and did not changed, once again change to "N" and back to drive and RPM came down.

- Carolina, PR, USA

Jun 062013

Explorer 6-cyl

There was gasoline leaking out of the fuel module into my garage when I went to get into the Explorer to go to work. I also have a gas hot water heater in the garage beside where I park the Explorer. I was not aware there was a recall on this until I got it to the dealership. The fumes were extremely strong. I opened the garage door and let the fumes dissipate and drove it to the dealership for repair where I found out no parts are available and won't be until possibly September. I was told that my vehicle is not drivable in its current condition. I am handicapped and have an electric chair carrier on the back of the Explorer which I have to use to take my electric chair to work. Now, I have no vehicle and have been home for over a week with no vehicle I can drive. I asked Ford to swap my Explorer for an identical one which was denied. They offered me a 15 passenger van to drive until my vehicle is repaired but I would have to pay the taxes on the rental cost daily until mine is repaired. I can't get a 15 passenger van in my driveway much less my garage! I need my vehicle repaired now or a new vehicle. I can't just drive anything due to my disabilities. In addition, it should not be my responsibility to pay taxes on a rental vehicle until mine is repaired as it is not my fault that Ford's fuel modules are defective. I can't afford that cost in addition to my monthly car payment and gas costs.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 272013

Explorer

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Explorer. The contact stated that the vehicle emitted a strong gasoline fuel odor. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and inspected. The failure was located at the fuel tank, which was leaking fuel. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 13V109000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure and current mileage was 10,500.

- Ashville , NC, USA

Apr 032013

Explorer

The fuel pump started to come apart under normal driving condition releasing raw gas fumes into the passenger cabin. This defect made the car unsafe to drive.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 082012

Explorer 6-cyl

I am reporting an emission issue with this vehicle and the previous one I had with same issue. Something needs to be done to make this not happen to anyone else. I am breathing exhaust fumes in the cabin at hard acceleration through the ac system all the time even after they so called fixed this vehicle. Even with moderate acceleration passing someone. I am going through the lemon law at this time. The smell is so bad it is giving me headaches all day and night and effecting my health. If it is in two vehicles then it is in all of them Ford needs to fix this problem period not part fix it. I was told by Florida attorney generals attorney to report this to you.

- Bradenton, FL, USA