2.7

2014 Ford Explorer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Explorer:

2014 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Apr 262016

Explorer

I bought a certitified preowned 2014 Ford Explorer in February 2015. Recently every time the Explorer was put in park, an alert would go off, showing transmission not in park. The past few weeks the steering wheel would make a grinding/growling noise when turning towards the left and right. The steering became a little harder to turn and it felt as if it would stick. This was a very scary feeling. I have 5 children and didn't want them in this car. I took the car to the dealership 2 days ago and found out that my electric steering system was locked, the gear shift assembly needed replacing and also a new belt. Total cost $2,309.30. I was devastated. We do not have that kind of money laying around. I called the Ford manufacturer and they gave me a case number to give to the dealership. After speaking with the dealership and giving the case number, they called back later and stated they would give me a $300 discount. Therefore at this time, I had to take a $1500 loan out for the electrical power steering replacement and belt. I will have to go without the gear shift assembly being repaired until we can afford it. My total without replacing the gear shift assembly is $1696.30. After researching the issue, this is nothing new with the Ford Explorer. There were several recalls for the same issue for the 2011 through 2013 models. My 2014 Ford Explorer has a 100,000 mile power train warranty but of course none of this was covered. I am saving my receipts in hopes Ford will do the right thing. If they do not, I will never purchase another Ford. This issues has put my family in danger and in further debt.

- Thicket, TX, USA

Oct 122015

Explorer

The wrench light showed on the dashboard and loss of power.

- Nottingham, MD, USA