2014 Ford Explorer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Explorer:

2014 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 082014

Explorer

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport and whenever the vehicle accelerates it severely pulls to the left. The vehicle with track straight until you step on the gas and it pulls severely to the left requiring me to compensate by while driving. I advised the dealership on 10-8-14, 10-18-14, 12-4-14, on a March oil change with Ford, 1-7-15 and 5-18-15.the dealerships initially denied the car had any issues that were abnormal but eventually they admitted it does pull to the left but it was normal according to the Ford engineers and nothing could be done to correct it since it was a natural characteristic of the vehicle. I did not agree since I have driven other vehicles of the same make and model that did not perform the same as my vehicle does. I also spoke to various Ford service technicians that indicated they had never encountered this issue and they assumed that it couldn't be torque steer since the intelligent 4 wheel drive should correct any wheels that were not spinning at the same speed as the others causing the vehicle to pull in one direction or the other. However, the dealership indicated they could only go by what the corporate engineers advised them and that was that the issue was normal despite the vehicle being rated for a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. I also haven't been given an explanation on why the left tires on my vehicle are worn out only on the outside of the tire exactly in the direction the car is pulling to. The sever pulling to the left is not a minor think and the car will move by the feet to the left veering out of the lane unless I compensate while steering, yet it drives absolutely straight if I let off the gas and I can't imagine towing anything behind this vehicle with these abnormal driving conditions.

- San Diego , CA, USA

Mar 022015

Explorer

Recently, my wife and I noticed an exhaust smell in the cabin of our 2014 Ford Explorer (8K miles) when we accelerated onto highways. We brought the vehicle to Ford and they told us there was a bulletin out on the exhaust issue. The Explorer loaner they gave us had the problem worse than ours so I asked for something different to drive. When we got the Explorer back, I still noticed the problem and brought it back to Ford. They insisted that there was no problem so I went to my local fire department and borrowed a carbon monoxide meter and drove the car on the highway for one mile after testing various locations inside the cabin (for about 10 minutes while idling). Over one mile the carbon monoxide level in the cabin increased from 0 to 6 parts per million (ppm). After discovering the dangerous situation I brought the vehicle back to Ford who has now had the vehicle for right at 3 weeks and will not return my phone calls or update me on the issue. I am posting this so that anyone who reads this can investigate this possible serious health issue for themselves. If you accelerate the vehicle and smell exhaust, take the vehicle into the dealership to have the problem fixed. If you smell exhaust it is still getting into the cabin and is very dangerous to your health. I am very concerned Ford has not recalled any vehicles (2011-2014) to make sure people are not driving around with dangerous exhaust fumes in the vehicle. I have talked to other Explorer owners around town and at gas stations and they have noticed this as well. I used a calibrated co meter and have pictures of the readings.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Jul 012014

Explorer 6-cyl

Upon acceleration exhaust enters the vehicle cabin. Sometimes exhaust enters the vehicle cabin without acceleration. I thought I had reported this before.

- Fredonia, KS, USA

Jan 082014

Explorer 6-cyl

Upon heavy acceleration (to enter the freeway, for example) a strong odor of exhaust fumes enters the cabin. It is necessary to open a window in order to breath again! this occurs every time upon entering the freeway, and if/when passing another vehicle on the highway.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Oct 152013

Explorer

When driving my 2014 Ford Explorer at any speed and on any terrain, the exhaust fumes enter into the cabin of the vehicle. The odor is extreme, causes headaches, nausea, and tends to burn my eyes as well as my granddaughter, who is with me most of the time. Because there have not been enough people complain of this problem, and because Ford has not recognized that there is a problem, my dealer was not going to attempt to fix the problem. Finally they have agreed to spray the under part of the exhaust with a rubberized sealant that was used on the 2013 models for the same problem. If this does not work, which I have read was not successful on the 2013, I don't know what to do. The exhaust order is horrid and I fear the health implications that may arise.

- Gilbert, WV, USA