7.3

2015 Ford Explorer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Explorer:

2015 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 222015

Explorer

A follow up on a co problem, that happened on 7/7/15. Dealer took the Explorer in on the co issue along with Ford knowing of it. Gave us a rental for a week, and came up with no co levels after a week. Went to the dealership to take a ride with the service manager, exhaust was present but he said it was a hot engine smell. No levels where found but symptoms in my body of co where indicated while the service manager was in the vehicle. Left the vehicle for the day and was told by Ford the service manager found nothing wrong and to come get the vehicle. Upon the ride home my co detector indicated levels at 534ppm. With the windows down and the sun roof open at 70mph. Along the way I stopped in the local hospital, waited an hour in a half for blood work then walked out. Had to get back to work. Only 15 minutes back home the levels went up to 871ppm. Calling the dealership and Ford in the am to get this problem solved asap before some dies. 2015 with only 4,500 miles. Ford has known of this problem since 2011.

- Lisbon, NH, USA

Jun 212015

Explorer

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Explorer. While driving approximately 30 mph, a chemical smell emitted from the exhaust into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who advised that the smell was normal. Due to the smell, the contact suffered serious headaches. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and advised the contact to take the vehicle to the dealer for further diagnostic testing. The failure was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,000.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Jun 142015

Explorer

During and after acceleration at any speed there is a very strong sulphur smell in the cabin of the vehicle. It appears to enter from the rear of the vehicle and it must be exhausted by opening the windows every single time. The fumes contain CO2 and are very dangerous to all within the vehicle. All passengers complain of a light headache and nausea.

- Garland, TX, USA

Nov 132014

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

Horrible rotten egg, burning smell when accelerating in the cabin. Have taken it in 3 times and they tell me it will burn off between 10-15000 miles. I can't imagine that the fumes in the cabin are good for me and my family and the lack of concern from Ford is laughable. We have contacted Ford with minimal, unhelpful responses from them. Along with health concerns, the smell coming out of the exhaust is awful and probably should be brought to the epa. I attempted to drive 2 new 2015 straight of the train and they both were just as bad. This is not an isolated problem.

- Mound, MN, USA

Jan 212015

Explorer

Bought vehicle, left dealership, drove approx 13 miles, parked truck while running, as my son and I waited for my wife outside of a store... we noticed a bad fume smell. My wife got in the car and ask what's that smell" I passed off as maybe protective oils burning off new parts. Next day I came home from work 12 miles away. Again vehicle in park waiting for my wife to meet me outside as we were going straight to the store.... the smell returned! we drove to get lunch meat 2 miles. It got worse as I drove. I notice as soon as I turned the heat down a bit... the smell got worse. Maybe because this allows more outside air to blend? after this I was sure this was a big problem. I searched the web for Ford Explorer fumes and was shocked to see all of the complaints lawsuits and media this has gotten! how could I not have heard about this" I'm quite sure there are plenty of people who haven't complained ! I don't want to believe the truck I fell in love with has this huge problem! I'm returning it! no repairs! don't want it! something needs to be done! I felt sick and dizzy after a short drive! please believe me! this is bad!

- Runnemede, NJ, USA