5.4

2015 Ford Explorer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Explorer:

2015 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Oct 262016

Explorer

Sport model front end has had a loud popping/ creak noise when going over bumps at a angle and also sharp low speed manuevers ( pulling into tight parking space) since it was basicly brand new. Loud ticking noise from front hubs at low speeds first visit to Ford was at 9,000 miles they could not duplicate it. Vehicle now has 32,000 miles roughly, the popping and creaking has gotten worse my wife was leaving work and was backing out of her parking spot and the rack and pinion locked up on her. Mulltiple wanring lights came on and she was unable to steer the vehicle. She called me and I told her to cycle the key multiple times and see if it will reset to be able to drive to my work so I could scan it and see what codes it has. She took surface streets to my work. It had codes P0022: Cam timing over retarted P052D: Cold start cam timing over retarted P193E: A/C clutch request signal U0121: Lost communication with ABS control module C1B00: Steering angle sensor this is the second time cam phaser codes came up. They replaced cam phaser this last visit and vehicle still stumbles/misfire feel at idle. They were "unable to duplicate" rack and pinion/ suspension noise. My wife does not feel safe driving vehicle. It has been getting random hard spots while driving. I took it to another local Ford dealer and they want to charge me for diagnostic if they cant "duplicate" I just got done paying for 3 weeks of rental and cant risk several hundred more dollars to have them, say they cant duplicate it. So I will be picking up the Explorer and I am now stuck with a unsafe vehicle as the steering could "lock up" again at any point. There are multiple cases just like mine that I found and I am not willing to risk having my wife and child have the rack and pinion fail while she is going down the freeway we got lucky with it locking up while at low speed the first time.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Jan 142016

Explorer

I bought the car in September of 2015 and noticed upon hard acceleration such as entering the interstate or passing a car there is a smell of exhaust that comes into the cabin area and in order to relieve the smell the windows need to be cracked a little bit and this only happens upon hard acceleration.I have not had this experience with any other vehicle. I have also had problems with the transmission but they cannot seem to figure out when accelerating between 20 and 40 miles per hour you feel a shift in the transmission which for a new vehicle is a bit odd. At 10,000 miles I had to have a stabilizer bar in the front and replaced I notice a lot of heavy clunking as I drove my car around and this seems to be the problem. I I have also had issues with the headliner coming out on the driver side front door this is been pushed in and replaced 3 times and it's working on its fourth time. The issues with the transmission and the exhaust fumes in the cab and have yet to be resolved.

- Dixon, IL, USA

Apr 012016

Explorer

Stabalizer bar makes rattling noise. Vehicle only has 40,000 miles and have had dealership look at it. Stated they repaired it but front end still rattles. And repairs on this issue no longer covered under warranty. Makes noises as you travel down the highway.

- Marvell, AR, USA

Mar 152015

Explorer

Returning home from church when all of a sudden I could not steer the car. It was veering to the left and I could not straighten it up. There was a thud and dirt and dust and the car stopped. Got out and the front left suspension was on the ground. No ticket, no nothing because I did not hit anything. Ford has made a decision that is was not a car failure. We ask for the findings of there inspections and was told thy did not release those to the customer. We really would like to see their report as I did not hit anything and want to know why this happened.

- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA

Mar 152015

Explorer

Driving home the vehicle veered to the left suddenly at approx 30 mph. Tried steering it to the right but it would not. Got out of vehicle to see that the left front suspension was on the ground. It had broken away from the car where it had been connected. Luckily I was not hurt just shaken up. It had to be put on a tow truck and taken to Ford.

- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA