2015 Ford Explorer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Explorer:

2015 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 142016

I bought the car in September of 2015 and noticed upon hard acceleration such as entering the interstate or passing a car there is a smell of exhaust that comes into the cabin area and in order to relieve the smell the windows need to be cracked a little bit and this only happens upon hard acceleration.I have not had this experience with any other vehicle. I have also had problems with the transmission but they cannot seem to figure out when accelerating between 20 and 40 miles per hour you feel a shift in the transmission which for a new vehicle is a bit odd. At 10,000 miles I had to have a stabilizer bar in the front and replaced I notice a lot of heavy clunking as I drove my car around and this seems to be the problem. I I have also had issues with the headliner coming out on the driver side front door this is been pushed in and replaced 3 times and it's working on its fourth time. The issues with the transmission and the exhaust fumes in the cab and have yet to be resolved.

- Dixon, IL, USA

Apr 012016

Stabalizer bar makes rattling noise. Vehicle only has 40,000 miles and have had dealership look at it. Stated they repaired it but front end still rattles. And repairs on this issue no longer covered under warranty. Makes noises as you travel down the highway.

- Marvell, AR, USA

Mar 152015

Returning home from church when all of a sudden I could not steer the car. It was veering to the left and I could not straighten it up. There was a thud and dirt and dust and the car stopped. Got out and the front left suspension was on the ground. No ticket, no nothing because I did not hit anything. Ford has made a decision that is was not a car failure. We ask for the findings of there inspections and was told thy did not release those to the customer. We really would like to see their report as I did not hit anything and want to know why this happened.

- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA

Mar 152015

Driving home the vehicle veered to the left suddenly at approx 30 mph. Tried steering it to the right but it would not. Got out of vehicle to see that the left front suspension was on the ground. It had broken away from the car where it had been connected. Luckily I was not hurt just shaken up. It had to be put on a tow truck and taken to Ford.

- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA