2016 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Explorer:

2016 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Apr 072016

Explorer

A sharp metal piece protrudes from the third row seat on the left hand side making it unsafe to sit in third row. Dealer calls it a spring retainer. Dealer states it pops out due to having items in trunk while folding or raising the third row seat. This has happened three times. Vehicle was stationary.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 272016

Explorer

The contact owns a 2016 Ford Explorer. While the vehicle was parked, the contact's mother accidentally pushed the seat button and it caused the seat to collapse, snap down, and flip to the other side. The contact's mother became caught in the seat and sustained bruises. The contact's young child also became caught in the seat and had to be pulled out. The dealer was and manufacturer were not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 18.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Nov 272015

Explorer

My wife wt. Is approx 155lbs the drive seat has been fraying since the first month we picked up the car on Oct 22. 2015 and has been getting worst nothing has torn it. Just the fabric has been fraying, we would like a knew seat ?

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Mar 142016

Explorer

Had my Ford Explorer 6-mo's and was driving with family approx 45-mph in traffic on a main street when the gas padel just stop working had to try to get to side of road, very dangerous !!. car was at Ford dealer getting fixed from 3/14- 3/25, it needed a new throttle body air intake, (at4Z*9E926 ) and motor asy.

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Aug 282015

Explorer

Purchased a new 2016 Ford Explorer XLT in August 2015. When vehicle was ready for pick up we noticed that the driver side middle row seat material was pulled away from the foam cushion. The selling dealer said they would put a warranty claim into Ford to get the seat fixed. We received a call from dealer a few weeks later and said Ford would fix the seat and take the vehicle to a dealer closer to our area to have it fixed under warranty. We took the vehicle to the dealer and the warranty person there would not even come out and look at it since we did not buy it there. I called the Ford cs line and made a complaint. They called the dealer and asked them to look at the seat. We took the vehicle back to them and they took pictures and sent to Ford for warranty approval. We received a call from cs and they said the pictures did not show any damage and no repairs would be made. I asked the cs person if I could send my pictures of the seat and they said ok. I sent pictures of the seat damage and Ford went back and forth with me and even got a warranty rep involved. The bottom line is that the seat cushion is pulled away from the foam and it is damaged, Ford did get back with me and said it is not damaged and they will not cover under warranty. My advice to anyone thinking about buying a Ford product especially an Explorer is not to. Apparently quality control is not one of their main points. The vehicle only has 3550 miles on it and already the radio has quit working and the front end makes a clunking noise when I take off. Wonder if that will be covered under warranty. Very disappointed!

- Wilmington, OH, USA

Nov 212015

Explorer

While I was sitting in the driver's seat of my rental (the vehicle running and in park), I pressed #2 of the numbered buttons, next to the lock controls, and the seat started moving by itself. The seat moved up and forward, while the steering wheel moved down. My legs started to get compressed by the steering wheel, while at the same time my knees were being forced into the plastic pieces under the steering column. My body was being forced against the steering wheel. I tried to stop the seat from moving by using my body to create a force but the seat would not stop. When the seat finally stopped, my legs were in pain and I could barely breathe from the steering wheel being against my chest. I panicked and didn't know what to do. My husband had to open the drivers side door and use the controls to get me free. I was afraid for my life, I could've been severely injured. If my husband were the one to press the button while he was sitting in the drivers seat, he would have broken bones. My rental provider never showed us the features of the vehicle, nor were there any written warning labels in clear sight on the inside of the vehicle. My husband informed me after the incident that the numbered buttons on the door are a memory function for the seat. It is now a strong fear of mine that if I were driving this vehicle, and I accidentally pressed this button (thinking I pressed the lock control),that I would be in a car accident. The design of this memory function is flawed and needs to be corrected immediately before someone gets severely injured or killed. I am also fearful that the rental company will rent this vehicle to someone else, because a larger person than myself, will undoubtedly be injured or killed. Whether this is a factory preset or a function that had been programmed by a previous renter or the rental company, I am unaware, but it needs to be addressed.

- East Chatham, NY, USA