2016 Ford Explorer drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Explorer:

2016 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 062016

Vehicle lost acceleration suddenly: First time happened when I stopped at the intersection waiting the traffic to clear and when I want the vehicle to accelerate it did not so I pulled over and turned engine off and restart it five minuets later and the vehicle accelerate and I manage to reach my destination, next day I took the vehicle to Ford dealer because the service powertrain fault illuminates. Ford dealer said that the problem is the throttle body malfunction and need to be replaced but the part is on a back order and is not available for few weeks, the dealer advice me to use the vehicle and if happened again to call him back although I was concern about safety of driving this vehicle. Next day the same problem happened more frequent and it happened while I am driving and luckily I managed to pull over safely, this time the service engine soon illuminates as well and stays illuminated after I restart the engine. I contacted the Ford dealer again and I got the same answer: You have to wait till we get the part to fix your vehicle !!... I told them this vehicle is not safe to drive and Ford should issue a recall to fix this problem and make every effort to have the parts and remedy available asap

- Canton, MI, USA