8.0

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Sep 012003

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6

On a long trip, I had cruise control on for approximately 70 miles. As I exit highway, I realize I'm not slowing quickly enough. More brakes and it's just not slowing, I made a turn too fast and my three passengers all noticed. I'm down as hard as I can on the brake pedal and it's not slowing fast enough. I shifted to neutral and cut the motor, so the power brakes went, but I also restarted the engine so the brakes were back and I stopped about 2 feet from the rear bumper of a stopped car. No more cruise control for me! Ford could recreate the problem, but needed money anyway. Thank goodness due to a lack of recall parts (separate issue), Ford just disconnected my cruise control and now I don't have to worry about that issue, just the fire under the hood from the recall.

- , Bedford, TX, USA