2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jul 282004

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

Since the purchase of my Ford exploer Sport Trac in Dec, 2000, I have dealt with a steering shudder. I have had 3 different types of tires on the vehicle and all exhibited this problem. I took the vehicle to a Ford dealer during the warranty period, but they were not sure of the cause. Today I called Ford and they are shifting the burden of the necessary repair to me despite that I brought this up at least twice during the warranty period. I think this is a safety issue and it is especially bad on wet surfaces. I think the repair should be done as a recall and not burden the consumer especially when it was brought to the Ford dealer's attention during the warranty period. There is a technical bulletin out that describes the problem I have with my vehicle. It can affect the ability to control the vehicle especially when turning on wet pavement.

- Ararat, NC, USA