9.5

1. replace bushings (4 reports)
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Sep 012009

Explorer Sport Trac

I HAVE A 2001 FORD EXPLORE SPORT TRAC, AND THE CAB MOUNTS ARE GONE,ON A 2001 MODEL.I WOULD THINK THESE MOUNTS WOULD LAST FOR THE LIFE OF THE TRUCK . THESE MOUNTS CRUMBLE LIKE DIRT WHEN YOU TOUCH THEM. IF YOU HAVE THIS MODEL, YOU MAY WANT TO TAKE A LOOK UNDER YOUR TRUCK TO SEE WHAT YOURS LOOKS LIKE. THEIR ARE FOUR OF THEM ON EACH SIDE. ONLY THE ONES UNDER THE DRIVERS SIDE AND PASSENGERS SIDE UNDER THE FLOORBOARD AND THE ONES UNDER THE DOOR POST ARE GONE, BUT ON BOTH SIDES. I READ ON THE INTERNET ABOUT PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I THINK FORD SHOULD HAVE A RECALL AND REPLACE THESE MOUNTS BECAUSE OF POOR MATERIAL THEY WERE MADE OF. IF YOU HAVE IT DONE GET READY TO DROP SOME BUCK$$$$$$

- , Pickens, AR, USA

Sep 012010

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L

under cab busching just falling apart, need to repair soon.

- , Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Aug 022009

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L

I started hearing a rattle in the drivers florboard that sounded like someone tapping it with a hammer underneath your feet. I noticed that this happened when I was on rural country roads. I got to thinking about it one day and decided to look and see if I could find the source of the noise. HOLY CRAP!!! What I found was the rubber bushings in the body mounts were literally in pieces (what was left of them). Way to go FORD!!!! Before I noticed the rattling I noticed that the handling caracteristics had changed (more body roll), I guess I know why now. I bought this truck new in 01 it came off the lot with the deadly Firestone tires on it, now the body isn't attached to the frame very well. Is Ford trying to purposely kill its customers....hmmmmmm

- , Winfield, AL, USA

Jun 012009

Explorer Sport Trac 3.2L

Ford has used a very defective part on this vehicle. The rubber bushings that are used in the connection of the cab to the frame have totally disintegrated to the point that they crumble when just touched. There are 3 or four sets on both sides of the vehicle. I have contacted Ford Customer Care and filed a 'report'. They are not acknowledging the problem so far. Have requested an investigation by the NHTSA, and am currently going thru the BBB with a complaint to try and get Ford to replace these failed units.

If you are aware as to what these busings are, then you can imagine the possible outcome from continuing to drive a vehicle with not body bushings in it. This now allows for a good bit of play in the body to frame connections. I hate to think what might happen in a collision...

- , Austin, TX, USA