4.0

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jun 202008

Explorer Sport Trac V6

Like many other Explorer owners, I have a problem with my rear differential. I've had to have the clutch packs, axle seals and pinion seal replaced under warranty. Now that the warranty is up, I have that whining noise that seams to be very common. I haven't had it looked at yet, but I can't imagine it's going to be cheap.

- , St Louis Park, MN, USA