2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Nov 242003

Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased this 2002 Ford Explorer sporttrac in October of 2003, with 25,000 miles on the odometer. There have been four occasions that my vehicle has run out of gas, with the gasoline gauge reading between 1/4 and 1/2 tank reading on the gauge. I took the vehicle to donley Ford in galion, Ohio and they stated that there was nothing wrong with the computer. I was wondering why this item wasn't covered under the warranty. And I need to know what I must do to get this problem resolved? thank you for your consideration and I will hopefully hear from you.

- Galion, OH, USA