7.5

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jun 062010

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6

I was driving back from a vacation in Tucson when I cracked all the windows during a stop for breakfast. It was 110 degrees outside so when I returned to the car, started the engine, and cranked the a/c, it was a shock that the driver's side window would not move. In fact, it makes a fast clicking noise similar to the noise that occurs when the battery is dead. I drove from Tucson to Chandler and then to Glendale with my a/c on and the horrific noise of wind rushing in my window.

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Apr 012009

Explorer Sport Trac

When pressing turning the button to make the rear window go down it works, while pressing it to raise to nearly the top, leaving a 1 inch opening it works. When turning the rear window button to completely close it, it does not work at all.

- , Ridgeway, Ontario, Canada

Oct 292008

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L

We have tried everything and the door windows still dont work

fuses and relays are all good there is no power going to the drivers door has to be a short

almost have to take the door off to test there are so many in the door

Please reply with some sort of answer

I baby this truck it is very well maintained

- , Akron, OH, USA

Aug 112007

Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4.0L V6

Power window control stopped working. Very frustrating.

- , Bon Wier, TX, USA