1.2

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Apr 032015

Explorer Sport Trac

I was leaving the store parking lot. I started the car, pressed the break, put the vehicle in drive and the passenger side airbag deployed. This is the second time this has happened since the first incident in September 2014. The vehicle was not hit or bumped in any way. I was not backing out, I was in drive to pull out of the space.

- Martinez, GA, USA

Sep 112014

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

I was picking my daughter up from school. We got into the car put our seatbelts on I started the vehicle and put it in gear. I picked my foot up and moved to the gas when I noticed a car coming up from beside me and then I pressed the brake and the passenger side airbag deployed cracking the windshield and pulling the dash cover away from the radio and air vent. We called Ford motor and we were told to take it to a dealership to be examined. Ford customer care has left messages at our home number when we return the calls we ask them to call our cell numbers and they will not. I think the do not want to talk to us. A week later the dealership called and said that Ford motor would pay for the diagnostic but would not pay for the repairs because the car is out of warranty. That the airbag failing is no different then having to change out the brakes from wear and tear. We were not aware that a safety feature had an expiration date. I was to the understanding that a safety feature should last the lift time of the vehicle. Because of this I am worried about driving any cars with airbags. We were not asking Ford motor for anything additional but to just repair the car and we can never talk to anyone at the company.

- Martinez, GA, USA