5.0

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Apr 022015

Explorer Sport Trac V6

First of all, I am a HUGE fan of Ford, always have had one, and will continue to. That being said, this is the first time I have had any problems with one and I have had many.

Door locks on drivers side: can't lock with switch, but can on passenger side. Stereo: continues to play for up to 15 minutes after truck is off and key pulled. Interior Lights: Don't work, but dash lights do. Fuel guage: Not working, so I have to guess when I need gas. Windows: passenger side goes down extremely slow then ZIP. Driver's side sometimes does, sometimes doesn't, but if I open the door, sometimes that resets it. Drivers side rear window is sometimes locked in any position for days before starts working, thus it is always closed. Security system: sometimes goes off while driving for no reason.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 202015

Explorer Sport Trac

I have had many electrical problems, the heated seats turn themselves on and off, the key fob no longer works on the drivers side door. I had a extended warranty at one point. Ford had to replace the motor I have replaced almost every thing on the vehicle. Now there is a squealing when I start it, this is the latest issue. My son calls it the death mobile. I was hoping to keep it a while, but I do not know what the next step should be.

- , Charlestown, NH, USA