1.0

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Feb 052015

Explorer Sport Trac

This vehicle continuously just cuts off. We have tried several different costly repairs and the truck still does not run right, it is still cutting off. This is a safety issue because it can happen anytime anywhere, even driving down the road. I spoke with Ford and all they did was open a case file but told me there was nothing that could be done. We purchased this vehicle in December 2014 and was told the only thing wrong with it was that it needed the rotors turned on the brakes which we have done. Then it started doing this. We have had it towed 6 times in about 2 months. 3 mechanics have tried to repair the truck with no luck. We are tapped out trying to fix this truck. I feel sure the guy who sold it to us knew the truck was doing this but opted not to tell us. Also I blame Ford for the problems we are having, even their technician doesn't know how to fix the problem.

- Cheraw, SC, USA