3.4

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Mar 182006

Explorer Sport Trac

From the original purchase to now 95K miles I have complained of a ongoing problem with the front end of our 2005 Ford Explorer sports trac. They have replace a number of part and continue to tell us that its a characteristic of the vehicle to have vibration. I have asked several time for them to take the vehicle back with them refusing. They haven't been able to fix it. As 100% disabled ptsd veteran I have hit my limit with them. This is a piece of crap and I pay almost 600 a month and have to fix it all the time.

- Bangor, ME, USA

May 222009

Explorer Sport Trac

While driving for the organization meals on wheels, I proceeded to try and shift from park to reverse and the steering or gear shift lever snapped off. I was unable to put my car into gear and called a tow truck which towed the car to a Ford dealership for repairs. I am waiting for an estimate from the service center.

- Pasadena, CA, USA