1.4

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jun 242015

Explorer Sport Trac

Driving the car it began to lose power, then get power, then it shut off. Restarted the car, started driving and it surged unexpectedly then began to lose power again, then it shut off. This scared my wife because she didn't know if it was going to surge or lose power. Took it to a mechanic and finally after a lot of diagnostics they determined it was the ECM or electronic power control module. I have researched this and a lot of people have had this problem.. Ford knows of the problem but will not replace the module. Others have written of this same problem. Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=ucusqj3-evk I just wish someone would look into this do something about it.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Mar 202014

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

Truck cut off 4 times in middle traffic would not stay on. No warning light change tried to pull off truck just kept cutting off.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Mar 182013

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

Parked vehicle. Turned off ignition. Key would not release from the ignition. Cycled the auto shift lever to make sure in park. At this point noted that I could shift out of park without my foot being on the brake. Very dangerous. I was able to remove the key by pulling the ignition fuse. I pulled the fuse and removed the key. Reinstalled the fuse. Was still able to shift out of park without my foot on the brake. I left the car sitting for a while and noted that the battery had completely drained down. I was able to jump the car off to start it. If I leave the ignition fuse in, the battery will completely drain down again.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA