2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Nov 102014

Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 6-cyl

I just recently purchase this used vehicle and while coming to a stop or applying the brake the vehicle accelerated instantly at the same time brake pedal was pushed. I was wearing boots at the time and the toe of the boot does stick out further then my slip on shoes. This happen twice both times while wearing boots. I tried to observe what may be the cause although I was approaching stopped vehicles at the time. I recreated the movement while parked in neutral, engine running and wearing boots. The same thing happen. What happens is the toe of my boots push the accelerator as I pushed the brake pedal and it moved down toward the accelerator pedal. It appears to be a design issue as the accelerator and brake pedal are very close to the same level. The accelerator pedal should be further down and away from the break pedal. All is well if the center of the brake pedal is pushed with shoes in vertical position although in and emergency it could be contacted off center.

- Post Falls, ID, USA

Feb 142010

Explorer Sport Trac

My new 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac experience a third sudden acceleration event since my purchasing the vehicle in early January. On all three occasions I was able to control the surge in acceleration by use of the foot brake. I am worried that an accident is just a matter of time. I have taken the car to the dealer but because it is not an easily reproducible problem I have not obtained any resolution of the problem.

- Lenoir, NC, USA