3.0

$1,100.00

1995 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford F-150:

1995 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 182015

F-150 5.8L V8

Truck runs great and strong. But lately it happens to stall frequently, leaving stranded after about ten minutes of driving. After about twenty to thirty minutes it will come back on but by that time I've already pulled it home. Then it will run being parked. Mainly stalls whenever I hit a dip in the road. Last night it kept stalling at an incline and as soon as it would turn on and I would press accelerator it would stall. Pulled it home and it fired up about five minutes later and never stalled as it idled in park. I have changed fuel pump three times but recently noticed that fire was cutting off as if it had an alarm but it has none. Also have changed out ignition coil, spark plugs and spark plug wires. I know distributor cap and rotor need changing out as well but don't want to keep putting money into it till I find main problem

- , Amarillo, TX, USA

Aug 052009

F-150 XLT 5.0L V8

I own this 1995 F-150 brand new off the lot. Never had a problem. Always mechanically taken care of until August 2009 that it started with the ignition problems. I took it to a mechanic at Midas. They replaced the computer, the module, the ignition coil, the distributor, the wires, the spark plugs, and it was fine for approximately three months. This was back in July 2012. I don't use the truck as much but now decided to use the truck.

Now it started giving the same problems. It stalls while driving and cranks over and won't start. I checked for sparks on the spark wires and I get no sparks. Sit around for a while and the damn truck decides to crank in a second when I put the ignition key in it. Drive down the street and the truck stalls again. This a constant problem. I worked on this truck ever since I bought it off the lot. It was never involved in an accident and never had an alarm system installed. Can someone help me solve this problem. Please!

- , Homestead, FL, USA