$2,000.00

1. replace head gaskets (1 reports)
1998 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford F-150:

1998 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Nov 072007

F-150 XLT 4.6L

I have the famous oil leak from the head of my 1998 F150- 66,000 mi. I have been quoted around 2000.00 to replace both head gaskets

along with necessary machining etc. Ford has known about this problem for a long time and will not help. This is not my first experience with a serious problem that Ford would not stand behind. I had a 95 Windstar that developed a head problem and the engine went south. Seems this was also a common occurrence, however I was six months past the 7 year limit on warranty. I'm about done with Ford.

- , Brooklyn, MI, USA