8.0

2. replace caliper (1 reports)
  3. replace caliper, disk, and pads (1 reports)
1999 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford F-150:

1999 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 082007

F-150 4.2L

The caliper froze when I was about 5 miles from my home. It was very difficult to drive due to the fact the brake was locked on the front right wheel. I parked the truck for a few days then changed the caliper, rotor, and pads. Everything is fine now.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jun 012010

F-150 4.6L

Left front wheel locks up since it has gotten hot out. When it sits it cools off and the caliper is no longer locked up. Replaced the caliper and it does the same thing. When checked the brakes were hot and the caliper was froze. Did the same thing with the new caliper. The right front shakes and shutters like a crooked rotor when the left front brake is locked up. It is fine if left front isn't locked up. Now they say I need a ABS module, but I am afraid it is a guessing game. ?I wonder if the ABS can be unhooked

- , Gladstone, MO, USA

Feb 042006

F-150 XLS V8

Had brake pads replaced at 47,000 and calipers lubricated. Now, intermittent caliper freeze-up forces me to stop. Once it cools, it loosens. Dealer looked at it and said it was just a freak occurance. In 1 month it has happened twice more. I'm getting it replaced!

- , Hyde Park, VT, USA