4.0

$2,000.00

1. head gaskets replaced (3 reports)
1999 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford F-150:

1999 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Nov 302004

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8 Triton

While having my Ford F-150 serviced at the dealer I was told I had a head gasket leak on one side and they would replace both... The service manager told me it was a defect..

I guessed on the mileage and year so its not exact when it happened. I had an extended warranty and only paid $50 deductible.

- , Carrollton, TX, USA

Nov 292006

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

I found oil under the intake manifold. took to garage where they said est $2,300 to replace both head gaskets. I will monitor the oil level for now. But I later found out it is a known problem: "TSB #02227 -- ENGINE-CYLINDER HEAD DECK LEAK-4.6 AND 5.4L ENGINES-NEW SERVICE-ONLY GASKET AND CYLINDER HEAD KITS". Ford should at least give some discount of flat rate for this work. But don't get me wrong. I love my truck.

- , Surrey, BC, Canada

Jun 242006

F-150 XLT

Later found out that Ford knows of the problem, and has developed a new gasket. But not under warranty.

- , Vancouver, B. C, Canada